Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A recipe from me to you...

Do you remember some of your favorite recipes that your mama made growing up?
Well, this is one of my favorites!! Ham Casserole! Nothing fancy, but oh so good!
We always seemed to have this after the holidays because my mom would use the GOOD leftover ham!
Carrie's Ham Casserole
Ingredients:
stick of butter
onion (chopped)
bell pepper (chopped)
celery (chopped)
Rotel
1 lb. Velveeta
bag of egg noodles
HAM
Melt butter in skillet. Saute onion, celery and bell pepper. I use a half of an onion, 1-2 stalks of celery and a small bell pepper. ( My kids are somewhat picky when it comes to onion, celery and bell peppers, but we ALL love this recipe!) Saute veggies until tender and clear. Add a can of Rotel. I use MILD because my family tends to be wimpy when it comes to hot stuff! Cook noodles as directed, drain. Add all ingredients to one pot. Add Velveeta!!! Keep over heat until cheese is nice and melted! Add chopped ham!!! That's it! Easy and so good!
Oooops!!! Can't have Ham casserole without the HAM!!! We have a whole ham leftover! So, I'm making some to share with everyone! If you are local, want some ham?
Local Happenings
Dec. 10
Annual food drive on the square.
Share the LOVE!
What a great family tradition this could be!
Dec. 11-14
Pathway of Lights
FBC
Tours are from 6:00-9:00.
It's free!
Come walk the path and take a peek into the life of Christ from birth to his resurrection!
(On a funny note...It's 33 outside right now. It's 2:00 pm! This is not Texas weather! This girl is headed to WalMart to buy some warmers to put in my gloves, shoes and BRA!!!! Don't want my chi chi's freezin off!!!)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Just be careful not to burn your chi-chis!!

Sandel said...

sounds wonderful! I hope that you did not freeze to death tonight but I am so proud of your devotion.