Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!

Tonight was the first night of Pathway of Lights! It was a different kind of night here in the South! It snowed... a lot for us! We didn't cancel! We never want to turn away a chance to minister to those around us! Jesus died for us, so we all decided that we could freeze our booties off one night for him! We were blessed! We had a very sweet time!
Look at that honkin snowball! The kids really had a BALL tonight!
and a great big HO! HO! HO!
Tonight was a great time of fellowship. A night that many of us will never forget!

We had so many clothes on! We were the fat ladies of Jerusalem!

It really snowed like this for hours! It was amazing!!!

The Roman soldiers!!!
April, your bread doesn't look very fresh! It looks cold!!!

Look at those snowflakes!
After POL, this is what Peyton and I saw! Lots of snow piled on our car!
I have a funny Carrie story. It's not a normal thing around here to have snow piled on your car. I got in, turned on my windshield wipers and started to pull out of the parking lot. I still couldn't see out of any of my windows....so....I rolled down my window!!!!! The whole wall of snow fell in on me! We laughed and laughed!!!

Snowballs....

and snowball fights!!!! Snow angels!!!
It's so much fun to act like kids again!
Auburn had lots of practice making snowmen as a child...not this Texas girl!

What a FUN night!!!!
Thank you Jesus for the snow!
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

8 comments:

Lisa Mae said...

Wow, you guys weren't kidding! It really did snow. How special!

ko said...

WOw! THat is INCREDIBLE!!!!! HOW AWESOME! SO WHO WAS JESUS ON THE CROSS,AUBURN??? and who did the MAKEUP!

I have to say..I really havent been sad since I moved away, but I was so sad knowing I was missing out on THAT AWESOME MINISTRY! I mean I have missed people, but I was really sad to miss out on being a part of POL! Your pictures are hilarious! And that story!!!!! I am sure your kiddos were wetting there pants!!

Lacy said...

Those are the best pictures and Im glad you stuck it out at POL. Your a great example. Looks like so much fun!!!!!

Deanna said...

Those are some great looking people!! We had so much fun freezing!!!

spanki said...

we are so blessed for the opportunity to experience this!! so many people take it for granted, but the looks on my my children's faces were priceless!! and way to go at POL, you were on my mind... while i sat in my toasty house!!!

teresa said...

All I can say is "Wow!". You all looked like you were having the time of your lives!

Erica said...

Oh man Salena the hooker! I miss not being a part of our fun market scene anymore! Yay for having one day of snow!

Lisa Mae said...

The first time it snowed on us in Iowa I did the same thing with the window and the windshield wipers. Happens to everybody. Jeff