Thursday, August 28, 2008
Posted by Carrie at 5:37 PM
Monday, August 25, 2008
Posted by Carrie at 4:54 PM
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Wow!!!! That's right! It's my 100th post! I started this blogging thing back in Dec. 2007. My sweet sister, Lisa, introduced me to it. I had NEVER heard the word blog before! I would introduce you to my sister, but her profile is private! Probably smart, but it's so much more fun livin on the wild side! I did NOT want to do this bloggin thing at all, but I really enjoyed keeping up with my far away family! It's a great way to keep intouch! Here we are 8 months later and I'm addicted! Is there BA for blogger anonymous? I LOVE seeing how others live their lives. I've met some FUN, BEAUTIFUL, TALENTED, WISE, WONDERFUL people! (I'll post more about these people this week!) So, for my 100th post here is 100 things about me......
1. I've been married for 11 years.
2. I have 2 boys.
3. I live in a small Texas town.
4. I graduated in 1992.
5. I was a dental assistant for 6 yrs. ~ Loved dentistry! Would like to go back someday!
6. I'm a SAHM! (kinda!)
7. I work 2 days a week doing accounting/paperwork for an oilfield supply co.
8. Favorite color is red.
9. Birthday is June 3.
10. I'm the oldest of 3 children.
11. brother ~ Coy
12. sister ~ Lisa
13. I love fall!
14. I love Orbit Sangria gum.
15. Love to cook!
16. Love to bake!
17. I'm a germ freak...Germex is my best friend!
18. I've pulled the gas pump out of the tank before!
19. I teach 7th & 8th grade girls SS. I'm not a great teacher...I like to lead!
20. Bunco night is my favorite night of the month!
21. Love Sundays.
22. Love Sunday afternoon naps!
22. I enjoy a good sermon!
23. I'm a sensitive person!
24. I'm very outgoing!
25. I'm a people pleaser!
26. I LOVE to have a good time!
27. I have blue eyes!
28. Mexican food is my favorite!
29. I love mint chocolate chip icecream!
30. I'm addicted to blogging!
31. I like to grocery shop!
32. I miss someone terribly right now!
33. I like to read ~ when I have time!
34. I'm kind of a drama queen! Sorta!
35. I was chased by a dead, bloated turtle Friday at the park!
36. I like going to the park.
37. Bowling on the WII is the best!
38. I like for things to be tidy!
39. Love to have a clean house!
40. Love to burn candles!
41. I've been blessed with lots of friends!
42. Love meeting new people.
43. Love Beth Moore!
44. I enjoy being involved in women's ministry!
45. Went on my first cruise this year! Had a grand time!
46. I sell MarkKay cosmetics!
47. I have 4 nieces and 5 nephews... soon to be 6 nephews.
48. I hate exercise!
49. My husband ran the Houston marathon last year.
50. I'm a girly girl!
51. I enjoy arts n crafts!
52. I'm working on managing my time better!
53. Love to play chickenfoot.
54. I really like to play candyland with Peyton.
55. I tend to start projects and not finish them if they get hard. I'm working on several
56. I love old houses!
57. I really love all things old. ~ old photos, old quilts, old kitchen utensils, antiques.
58. I like to cook in my crockpot.
59. love to watch movies.
60. There's nothing like coffee, good creamer and good friends!
61. I like to scrapbook, but never have time! I'm working on this!
62. My nickname is boog ~ like booger. Don't ask!
63. I love perky pimiento cheese sandwich's from Pecan Grove.
64. Sonic blackberry tea is something else I'm addicted to right now.
65. Me and a good friend, Jana, are starting a food and science club. (Cooking class)Part of 4H.
66. Genealogy is something I'm interested in.
67. I like jewelry.
68. Canton, Tx. is great to visit!
69. I hate to paint! I'm not good at it!
70. I hate doing 5th grade homework!
71. I'm afraid of heights.
72. I'm afraid of loosing my loved ones!
73. Snowcones are great!
74. Cancer is a scary thing!
75. I love my boys big, brown eyes!
76. I like to do laundry.
77. I'm NOT a morning person, but I WANT to be! I'm working on this too!
78. I'm a backseat driver! I hate how my husband drives!
79. I just got my first speeding ticket in 12 years! I'm a granny driver now!
80. My car is not clean.
81. I like to do yard work!
82. I have naturally CURLY hair!
83. I'm enjoying having short, straight hair at this point in my life!
84. I need to loose 10 pnds. Weight Watchers here I come...again! Seriously!
85. I can't sing, but I love to sing!
86. I'm blind!
87. I'm starting to get grey hair!
88. No tatoos on me. My husband has enough for both of us! Looks like he just broke out of
89. I love volunteering. At church and school! Like to be involved!
90. I met my husband in a bar! Don't tell anyone!
91. This baptist girl likes to dance!
92. I'm content!
93. I wish there was more time in each day!
94. I'm sorta scatter brained! I have a lot on my mind these days! I hate feeling this way, but
it's true! Maybe I need drugs!
95. I take vitamins faithfully!
96. I HATE going to the female Dr. HATE IT!!!! HATE IT!!!! HATE IT!!!!
97. I love my mom!
98. I love bubble baths!
99. I worry a lot! I'm better than I used to be, but there is still room for improvement!
100. I want to be more knowledgeable in God's word! I want to be a WISE WOMAN someday!
So...are you bored out of your mind? Well, I hope not! Now comes the FUN PART!!!! Leave a comment telling my something about yourself! If I know you, leave a comment about something I DON'T know about you already! There will be a drawing on Aug. 30 and everyone's name ON THIS POST will be entered! I LOVE BLOGGING! Yippeee for 100 posts! Good Luck!
Posted by Carrie at 1:01 PM
Friday, August 22, 2008
Posted by Carrie at 7:30 PM
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Posted by Carrie at 8:40 AM
Monday, August 18, 2008
The Good Lord was creating teachers. It was His sixth day of 'overtime' and He knew that this was a tremendous responsibility for teachers would touch the lives of so many impressionable young children. An angel appeared to Him and said, "You are taking a long time to figure this one out."
"Yes," said the Lord, " but have you read the specs on this order?"
…must stand above all students, yet be on their level... must be able to do 180 things not connected with the subject being taught... must run on coffee and leftovers,... must communicate vital knowledge to all students daily and be right most of the time... must have more time for others than for herself/himself... must have a smile that can endure through pay cuts, problematic children, and worried parents... must go on teaching when parents question every move and others are not supportive... must have 6 pair of hands.
"Six pair of hands, " said the angel, "that's impossible""Well, " said the Lord, " it is not the hands that are the problem. It is the three pairs of eyes that are presenting the most difficulty!"
The angel looked incredulous, " Three pairs of eyes...on a standard model?"
The Lord nodded His head, " One pair can see a student for what he is and not what others have labeled him as. Another pair of eyes is in the back of the teacher's head to see what should not be seen, but what must be known. The eyes in the front are only to look at the child as he/she 'acts out' in order to reflect, " I understand and I still believe in you", without so much as saying a word to the child."
"Lord, " said the angel, " this is a very large project and I think you should work on it tomorrow".
"I can't," said the Lord, " for I have come very close to creating something much like Myself. I have one that comes to work when he/she is sick.....teaches a class of children that do not want to learn....has a special place in his/her heart for children who are not his/her own.....understands the struggles of those who have difficulty....never takes the students for granted..."
The angel looked closely at the model the Lord was creating. "It is too soft-hearted, " said the angel.
"Yes," said the Lord, " but also tough, You can not imagine what this teacher can endure or do, if necessary".
"Can this teacher think?" asked the angel.
"Not only think," said the Lord,. "but reason and compromise."
The angel came closer to have a better look at the model and ran his finger over the teacher's cheek.
"Well, Lord, " said the angel, your job looks fine but there is a leak. I told you that you were putting too much into this model. You can not imagine the stress that will be placed upon the teacher."
The Lord moved in closer and lifted the drop of moisture from the teacher's cheek. It shone and glistened in the light.
"It is not a leak," He said, "It is a tear."
"A tear? What is that?" asked the angel, "What is a tear for?"
The Lord replied with great thought, " It is for the joy and pride of seeing a child accomplish even the smallest task. It is for the loneliness of children who have a hard time to fit in and it is for compassion for the feelings of their parents. It comes from the pain of not being able to reach some children and the disappointment those children feel in themselves. It comes often when a teacher has been with a class for a year and must say good-bye to those students and get ready to welcome a new class."
"My, " said the angel, " The tear thing is a great idea...You are a genius!!"The Lord looked somber, "I didn't put it there."
Posted by Carrie at 5:05 AM
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Posted by Carrie at 4:26 PM
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Posted by Carrie at 7:42 AM
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Posted by Carrie at 6:40 PM
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Posted by Carrie at 9:23 AM
Monday, August 4, 2008
Posted by Carrie at 3:00 PM
Posted by Carrie at 12:55 PM