Thursday, October 9, 2008

Update on Dororthy...

I'm so sorry...another serious blah post! For those of you who pop in for entertainment and fun...I'm not feeling very fun, happy, jolly and entertaining these days. BUT, it will get better! It MUST!!! Tues. my mom in law, Dorothy, was rushed to the hospital. When she got to the hospital, they did blood work and a CAT scan and admitted her. Auburn had hospital duty and I had throw up duty! She was very disoriented and loopy. They would ask her what year it was and she would reply..."Green". They said that she had signs of a mild stroke or the onsets of another seizure. They kept her for monitoring. Yesterday, she was better! Still crazy, but not as crazy as the day before! Love ya MOM...she is CRAZY!!! They did other tests yesterday. They did an MRI of her brain and it is showing "something mild" that wasn't there 60 days ago. The doctors never came back around yesterday to read her tests...so another night in the hospital. Today we hope and pray we will know the test results. Pray for her. Those of you who have been around and know her medical history know what she has been through and we really don't need anything "mild". Period!
I'm sorry that I can't return all of my phone calls right now, but I wanted to update for those of you who have taken time to call or stop by!!! Thank you!! I have been a little busy with a sick little boy, but we are trying to get back to normal today! I'm off to work for afew hours! I love you all so much and I'm soooo grateful for the wonderful friends that I have in my life! XOXO!!!!
Seriously pray that this CRAP doesn't go through my whole house! Lord, please spare us! I'll update again when I know more!
Blessings to you!!!

5 comments:

Sandel said...

I will continue to pray for Dorothy and you all. Love you and if I can do ANYTHING, I would LOVE to.

Alice said...

Carrie, you are so sweet and have such a precious heart. I will be praying for your mom-in-law. You guys are in my prayers.Luv Ya, alice

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

breathe...breathe... Y'all will get through this (with a little help from The One who is looking over you)

MamaBird said...

Praying for your MIL, you, and your family...

Erica said...

Oh gosh girl, hang in there. I'll be praying for Dorothy and your fam.