Monday, October 6, 2008

My Choice...

Yesterday I spent my afternoon with 9 CUTE teenage girls!!! We ate Frito pies, oreo pies and chocolate cake! We played silent football ~ ???. And we lined the square in our little town to take a stand and try to make a difference! Yesterday was Life Chain day! People across the country came together for one hour to voice our OPINION!!!
Please pray to end abortion!
We had those who turned
their heads...completely, boo~ed us, flipped us off all the way down the street and gave us thumbs down!!!
We also had many who honked, waved, clapped, cheered and gave us a big thumbs up!!!
Isn't it nice to have an OPINION???

As I stood quietly for an hour holding my sign on a busy street, I felt extremely proud to be an American! A free country where we can still voice our OPINIONS!!! A place where we can still speak truth!

I believe that God is the creator of human life and that he is ultimately the only one who should be able to terminate a life. I believe that he has a purpose for each and every life that he creates. No matter the quantity of that life. No matter the quality of that life. No matter the circumstances! This past year I was able to witness just that. A friend of mine was told at 23 wks. pregnant that her unborn child had severe fluid of his brain and that he would be severely handicapped. The doctors encouraged abortion. We all began to pray and trust that God had a plan! She chose to have the baby boy and today he is healthy and ADORABLE! Sometimes doctors are wrong! Sometimes God just wants you to trust him and trust in his plan!
Choose life!!!!

5 comments:

Lacy said...

Great Job taking a stand!!!! You go girls!! Im so proud of ya'll! I know God is too!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

that's what great about the good ol' US of A - and why Everyone in the world clamors to live there.. Democracy Rules!

spanki said...

good for you carrie rose! i am proud of all of you who were there! sorry i missed it!

bj said...

WOOOO HOOOO, if I had been there, it would have been me with thumbs up, horn honking, clapping, cheering and then...I would have taken every one of you out for
ICE CREME...Way to go, ladies!!
love, bj

Anonymous said...

It truly was great to be involved with this stand,and Carrie thanks for the uplifting words. God truly does have a plan for each life. It is not up to us to decide. God says as JD reminded me just today in Psalms 127:3 'Behold children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a REWARD!'