Monday, August 25, 2008

School Days...School Days...Good Old Golden Rule Days!

It's back to school time!!!!
Peyton is heading back to Two By Two preschool, aka Miss Connie's! Miss Connie is an amazing person and I'm so glad that she has been apart of both of my boy's lives! Garet went to this little preschool for three years when he was little and still asks to visit her! Love you Miss Connie!

We are going through all kinds of changes with Garet this year. Garet will be in 5th grd.... again! Not because he "failed", but because we are holding him back! Last year was such a struggle for all of us! Garet struggled academically and socially. With lots of prayer and thought, Auburn and I decided to do 5th grade again! Garet has always made decent grades, not failing. Just getting by and working really hard just to get by! This decision was fairly easy! We have total peace about our decision! I know that there are all kinds of opinions out there about this, but we really feel that we have done what is best for Garet in the long run! Garet's b-day is June 28. So, now he will be with kids more his age and we want for him to be ON TOP!!!! He seems really excited about these new beginnings! We have two great teachers....Mrs. Welch and Mrs. Caballero!


Awww!!!! My big 5th grader isn't to big to give his Mama a kiss! (Please excuse my double chin! Weight Watchers here I come!)
Don't forget to sign up for my special 100 post drawing! I'm going to do a cute fall package!The drawing will take place Aug. 30! Good Luck!

16 comments:

Sada said...

you are so cute!! What beautiful babes you have. I think your decision is great. It will not hurt him a bit! Prayers to a successful year!!

Sandel said...

Oh so sad that Tyler and Peyton have been seperated. You are such great parents do not second guess yourselves.

spanki said...

that is so sweet! but let me tell you... you scared the CRAP out of me! i totally thought i had some man named garet talking about my stomach!!! CREEPY!!

ko said...

ahhhh! Good choice! You made the right decision! Sweet pictures! I hope their 1st day was a success!!!
CIAO...hope you get your gift soon! :)
HEHEHEHEHE
kyley

Jana Corley said...

Those are some handsome boys!!!!! I know this year is going to be a good one!

Lacy said...

Whatever about the double chins....anyone has those from that position!!! I still vote you the best poster!!! Every post is cuter than the next.

ko said...

Your prize is officially in the mail!

Funky Junk Designs said...

Ohhh..you're right, we just gave away vital info to a stalker. My sister would say the same thing! But all I can think is,,,,,,who would want to stalk us right!! I saw you at the luncheon, which by the way was super, thank you so much for doing this for us. Every year we love it and have so much fun! I am sure we will see each other around town and maybe we will recognize each other from the blog world!

spanki said...

i just saw that you were warning karen about us giving away too much info, there might be a stalker... i have you know there is a weirdo going around with the alias "garet"... so be ware!!!

Carrie said...

HEHE!!!!

MamaBird said...

What a beautiful family! Your boys are so handsome and you are beautiful...and I ditto Lacy about the double chin...whateva!

It is so obvious that you are wonderful, loving parents and that you are doing what you feel is best for your children. The fact that you said "We have total peace about our decision!" says it all.
Love, Robin

spanki said...

i tagged you again on my blog, you don't have to do it if you don't want, it will not hurt any feelings if you don't!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

oh.. finally.. it did let me leave a comment. i've never seen it be a detriment to give a kiddo an extra year. EVER and i'm wayyy older than you!

Unknown said...

I just wished PaPa could have been there to see them off to school. His chest would have puffed and told them what a great job their parents were doing. He is missing so much as they are growing so fast. I love and miss youall so much. Love Aunt Freida
Keep up the good work..............

Hillary said...

Hello Carrie! Your blog is precious and your sweet boys are too. Garet and Cade share the same birthday!:) As parents, you know your child better than anyone. You followed your heart and you can never go wrong with that. God puts it on our hearts and it is our job to act. Happy school...I hope the year is filled with lots of fun things!

The 5 of Us said...

Really good pics and glad Garet is enjoying school.