Sunday, July 13, 2008

Restored ~ Camp 220

GAMMA 2 ROCKS!
Yes...that is me on the bottom right! I'm participating in wet-n-wackie Wed.!
Although I did not do this.....
let people pretend I'm a "human hot dog" like Charlie,

take a swim in wet dog food like these crazies,

run through chocolate syrup like Delaney Dean,

or stick my face in marshmallow cream like Cory!

I'm too old for this CRAP!!!

GHETTO!!!!

I had sixty babysitters this week! Everytime I turned around Peyton was with someone else and eating ice cream! Gracie and Tommy are his favorites!

Peyton made fast friends with Jadon! They played together everyday! Jadon is helping his dad, John Sherrill, get the sound ready for Rec Rally! For those of you who have followed The Sherrill story, Baby Kyle's summer is packed with 220 camps! Talk about bringing tears of joy to my eyes! Just seeing Kelly toting Kyle around with his little oxygen tank is AMAZING! He is a chunk! I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do in that little boy's life!


This past week The Rose family went to Camp! Yes, it was a family affair. Auburn, Peyton and I headed to Waxahachi for student leadership week ~ Camp 220. It has been 15 years since I have been to any kind of camp! Inspite of being sleep deprived, HOT and 16 hour non stop days...I made it! I don't even have words to describe the week that I just witnessed! I do believe that it was a little piece of heaven here on earth! The theme for this week was...RESTORED! Wow... we all need a little restoration! We are living in a very broken world that needs the Lord's restoration! God desires to heal homes, marriages, ministries, families, churches and individuals! In order for restoration to take place, we must be BROKEN! We must ask God to show us what grieves him!
Here's just afew questions to get you to thinkin...
"What does a life restored look like?"
"What does walking in healing look like...act like...smell like?"
"What wounds do I carry daily that keep me from being close to Christ?"
Restoration is a process. I went to camp as a small group leader and I think that I learned far more from my group than they learned from me! We must die to ourselves daily! Christ wants more of us! Far more than we give!
I feel renewed and in better condition than when I left last week and I'm so thankful!
God is really blessing John and Kelly Sherrill and their ministry!
visit them http://www.twotwenty.org/ Pray for them! Buy his new release! It's awesome!
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me.
Gal. 2:20

7 comments:

Sandel said...

How wonderful. I need to go to camp too!!!!!! I can remember the feeling returning from youth camp, it was awakening. Love ya and I am so glad that you were abel to go. God has perfect timing.

spanki said...

wow- i can not wait until my boys are old enough to go to camp so then i can tag along! i have so many memories from youth camps growing up. i want my kids to experience it too! we are glad to see you made it home in one piece, now go get some rest, it looks like you will need a vacation from your week!!

Lisa Mae said...

RESTORED....how appropriate for this season in our lives. God knew you would need this right here right now at this time. I need a spiritaul high experience. Maybe I should head to camp!

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

my hubby and i use to be int he full time ministry as student pastors at a church in ok...we visited seven ministries in waxahatchie, tx often...do you know dan and rachel by any chance

Hawaian Babe 2008 said...

love the pics i take after auburn and my dad thank u!!!! good to know that i take after someone else then my dad lol!!!!

spanki said...

okay carrie rose...no cheating! but, if you do win, it will save me shipping!!! now go study and get your game face on!!! i'm rootin' for ya! oh- you so do not look like a supreme, just me, can't you see me in some sequence??

Carrie said...

Oh Country Girl! I forgot to comment back to you! I asked my husband if we know a Dan and Rachel and we don't think we do. This particular camp is headed up by John and Kelly Sherrill. It was held at SAGU in Waxahachie,Tx. If I was a youth, I would love to have you and Indiana Jones for a youth pastor! What fun would that be? CRAZY FUN!!!!!