Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer of SERVING....

Today we headed to the nursing home to pamper and paint nails!!!
I have to tell ya....the nursing home is NOT one of my favorite places to be....only b/c I'm a GERM FREAK!!! But, today I was blessed! (Don't worry...I bathed them in Germ~X first!)
This is one of my favorite little ladies at the nursing home. She loves gospel music! I asked her what her favorite song was and she said, "This little light of mine!" So, she sang to me!
This little lady played the piano in her younger days! Look at those pretty fingers...I would have loved to hear her play!
Pleasing God by serving others!
This is kinda funny....all of the girls were picking out really BRIGHT colors....you know....gold, RED, purple! I thought, "These are going to be some hip old ladies!"

They were all so appreciative and thanked us over and over!

I have never painted someones nails when they were asleep. I guess she will have a nice surprise when she wakes up!

I really enjoyed my time today! I loved hearing all of the stories about where these pretty hands had been and what they have done over the years!!!! This little ladies hands have baked quite a bit over the years, but they also taught her grandsons how to shoot their very first deers!

Whether we are serving others or they are serving us...it's all going to be loving and we are all going to benefit!

"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself." Phil. 2:3

6 comments:

ko said...

that is awesome.....what a GREAT idea!! :)

Lisa Mae said...

you make me laugh sista! what a fun service project.

Anonymous said...

Did you know that the precious little lady that taught her grandsons how to shoot their first deer was Bigmama??? Saundra

Carrie said...

Hey SILLY...Ofcourse I know that's Bigmama! I had a good visit with her!

Christa said...

Carrie,

I'm sorry that I missed you coming to Riverwood to paint the ladies nails. I work there...and those ladies are wonderful =) It is neat to hear about their stories.

Brandy said...

What a sweet idea! I looks like everyone had a great time!