Monday, November 17, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend!

It was a great, fun, busy weekend! The weather was absolutely gorgeous!
It was like 10 below 0 and the wind was blowing 100 mph!!!
Our first cold front here in Texas!
Fri. night I went to another paint party while my boys camped out in a tent all night long!
They froze their patookies off, but had a great time!
I had the whole house to myself!
I had the warm bed all to myself!
I slept ALL NIGHT LONG!
I even got to sleep in until 8:30 with NO interruptions! Yahoo!
I got a well needed pedi... RED...for Christmas!!!
I drank lots of coffee with Pumpkin Spice creamer! Yummo!!!
We ate a BIG pot of chicken~n~dumplings! Made by my husband...even better!!!
Watched Alvin and the Chipmunks for the first time! My children have watched it
1,486,545 times!

Look....it's Rudolph!!!
JK...Auburn went hunting and got him a deer!

Well GOLLY Maw...That means we have sausage in the freezer! Yippeee!!!!
Hope you had a good weekend!
It sure was nice and cozy around here!

10 comments:

Lisa Mae said...

I need one of those weekends. Good lookin' one Auburn!

Anonymous said...

thats a nice look for you bro. the horns, I thought only came out at night... by the way who shot that bambi.? see you in a week

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot, nice toes Auburn, did you do those in the stand....

Sada said...

Sounds just perfect!! I love the camping for the boys -- what great kid time. AND I LOVE the paint party boards. SOOOOOOOOO cute!

that poor buck :( I know, I know....deer start grinding down their teeth and will die of starvation any way...might as well kill them when they are healthy....

Sandel said...

It does sound like you had a wonderful weekend. I am so happy for your family that you have meat in your freezer once again.

Jill said...

I just want to know where Auburn hunts. I got up Sat. morning after the paint party and hunted and it was COLD!!--but no deer yet!!!

ko said...

ahhhh i am sad about the deer. Poor guy, some little doe is still crying because his papa is gone....i am glad that you have meat in your freezer, i have a one of our feed lot calfs in my freezer, but it is still so SAD! I love that color red!!! :) VERY PRETTY! I wish I could have come to do the other side of my board, but i couldn't!!! oh and ...we will GET A ROOM friday..hehehehehehehehheehehehe
i hope your day is WONDERFUL!!! :)
kyley

MamaBird said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend...love the pedi and the Christmas boards...AND you got a whole night to yourself....aaaahhhhh!

Anonymous said...

Better picture........that one looks like he was going down hill...........needed to be taken out.....dad

Queen of the Misfits said...

My son just got his first deer about a month ago! He was sooo excited! I have not had to buy meat yet!