Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Give Me Jesus...




Good morning.
OK... The election thing didn't go quite like I had hoped and prayed.
I'm a little sad this morning.
I'm a little disappointed.

I'm a little worried...a little scared.

And then I heard this song by Jeremy Camp!

Go listen to it! You can have this world...I just want Jesus!

God is in control!

The wonderful thing about being a Christian is the hope, faith and TRUST we have in Jesus Christ!

He knew all along that Obama would be our next Pres. It's no surprise to him...it's apart of his plan!

So...don't be discouraged! We have VICTORY in Jesus Christ!

My 11 year old son woke up and cried when he heard the news this morning!We had to have a HUGE pep talk! We can't live in fear and saying "What if..."

Be encouraged my friend! We are all in this together!

XOXO!

7 comments:

Sandel said...

Oh, so sad Cody did the same. Yes this is all a part of his master plan.

Jana Corley said...

He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. Daniel 2:21

God is still in control!!!! Casey went to bed very upset last night. He didn't ask about it this morning though.

Jill said...

AMEN!!!

Lacie said...

You are so right... God is in control and He knows what is in store for our Country! We have to trust in our Lord and know that he will protect us! I don't know what it is about the boys... Darren was upset/angry this morning about the Obama victory too. I don't remember being that involved when I was their age.. It makes me proud in a way to know that we are raising GREAT kids that will make their country proud one day! Smiles!
Lacie

Alice said...

Carrie, you and Jana said that so beautifully!!!!No matter what, we live in the greatest country. We have to decide as christians to be more involved with our congressmen,senators and president. If our new pres is trying to pass a law that goes against what we believe, then we make our voices heard.

rhonda said...

The picture is beautiful.... the sentiment even more so...our faith, trust and hope will get us all through whatever our future and our Lord has in store for us.

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

warning: soapbox sermond. as one who has lived through many elections that didn't go my way, it is important to tell the kids and ourselves that ours is a wonderful and strong democracy and we have the most amazingly peaceful transfer of power AND checks and balances in place. as long as we are respectful to all and vigilant of our freedoms, we'll prosper.