Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tip of the day....

FYI....
Did you know that there are many uses for a piece of bread...other than eating it?
If you ever OVERCOOK your cookies or bread....all you have to do is put them in a Ziplock bag with a piece of bread and let it sit overnight!!! It's magic! Your cookies or bread will turn soft and moist again! I LOVE my cookies and bread VERY SOFT! I hate it when I overcook them and they are not just right!
Now girls...if you OVERCOOKED your cookies or bread and they are black and hard as a ROCK....this will NOT work! This will only work if they are crispy!
You MUST try this!!!! It's amazing!
Auburn's sweet Mom taught me this trick! She is a genius in the kitchen! I guess she had lots of practice cooking for 5 kiddos!!!
Thanks Mamma Rose!
XOXO!!!

9 comments:

Sada said...

I love it!! what a great tip! I've never heard that before, but it kind of makes sense! I love that picture of them too :)

Sandel said...

Great tip, Mamma Rose. I love some good tips!!!

rhonda said...

well Carrie...ya had me all excited about the new tip until I got to the part that was obviously written "just for me", lol...the burnt and crispy can't be fixed with the miracle bread eh?? oh darn, well I'll leave the cooking to my man :) ... and by the way, thanks Harley is fine...much better today! yeah me

ko said...

toooo cool! How is dorothy? Is Auburn home?
Have a great MONDAY!

MamaBird said...

That is a great tip! Thanks for passing along the wisdom...

oh, and I think this may also qualify as a tip of the day...thanks for the warning! ;)

"You don't need power panties! If you put a pair on, your eyeballs would pop out and your brains would blow out your ears!"

The 5 of Us said...

That was very sweet! I will show her this..I know it will make her smile!!!! Love ya!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

too funny! don't supose this works when you've burned them beyond recognition does it? what a beautiful m-i-l you have!

feather k said...

great tip...but now if there is a remedy out there for the "overcooked" cookies...I'll need that too, since the bread won't work...thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and your thoughts!

feather k said...

great tip...but now if there is a remedy out there for the "overcooked" cookies...I'll need that too, since the bread won't work...thanks for stopping by my blog the other day and your thoughts!