Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ike coverage!!!

Newsflash....
We are all OK and I have clean panties!!!!
We survived!!!! We have been camping for afew days, but we are all OK!!! It was bad, but it could've been a lot worse! We have some roof damage, cables torn off the house, gutters hanging on....BUT nothing BIG!!!! We have been so fortunate! God is so good! We have been without electricity for four days, but it came back on yesterday! God gave us BAD weather and then gave us gorgeous weather!
My sweet little house with my BIG beautiful, old trees!!!! They made it! We totally prepared for our trees to come crashing through our house!
It kinda looked like we gave all of our trees a haircut! We really had a mess! You can't really tell the extent of it! Garet and I have raked for three days! My limbs feel like they are about to fall off!!!
Around town you saw THAT....
lots of THIS...
and THAT...
and THIS!!! WOW!!! We have a mess to clean up!

This was a beautiful site!!! Convoys of power trucks coming down our street! Woo~Hoo!!!

Although this week we had no TV, no computer, no telephones, little food...it was a good week! We visited with friends and neighbors...

...helping one another...

...roasting wienies....

And making smores!

I don't know what Denise and I were celebrating! I guess that we survived! Here's to your friendship Nise! Love ya!

We went through this line for ice and water several times! What a blessing! Garet worked this truck tonight! Time to give back! (I didn't get a pic! Darnit!_


It was a little scary when my supplies started running out! No bread, no milk, no gas!!!

We have been reading by candlelight at night! One night I was pretending I was Laura on Little House on the Prairie and almost set my curtains on fire! I don't think I would make a good pioneer woman!

These amazing men from Oklahoma are serving our community right now! I'm going to post on them tomorrow! Thank you Baptist Men of Oklahoma! God bless you!

After our power was restored and there were so many people still in need...I decided to put my makeup on and go help! Deeana and I worked the drink station! Would you like water, tea, grape koolaid or orange koolaid? Notice Dee had her cute hat, but she forgot to tell me...so I go a hairnet!!!! Thanks Dee!

The serving line!!!!

This is where we served hot meals tonight! This is just one of 5 (I believe) hot meals stations around our community. They are serving free hot meals to anyone in need two times a day! Awesome!
This made my heart smile! Not only do people need food and water....people need the Lord! They need prayer!

Like my hairnet? Do I make a sexy cafeteria lady?

In all seriousness....

YES, I have clean panties and my legs are finally shaved...BUT...

My heart goes out to those who are lonely and in the dark tonight! For those who are hungry! For those who have lost loved ones and those who have lost their homes and their belongings! Pray for all of those linemen out there working around the clock to restore electricity! My husband has worked 18 days straight...he is tired and weary!

As I sat in the dark this week, I thought about this verse...

"God is light, in him there is no darkness at all." 1John 1:5

If you are hurting and in the dark....God wants to be your light!

Love ya!

10 comments:

Lacy said...

Absolutely perfect coverage of time spent without. It was so nice to see everyone help others. I thought about you many times. Hope you see Auburn sain soon!

ko said...

Great post! WOw! It is crazy isnt it. It was like almost way to erie for me! I am glad you were able to make it through everything safe and sound, and what wonderful people we have in this country!
WE will continue to pray for Auburn and the man who passed away yesterday! love the hairnet
Take care!
Kyley

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

okay...

a. i have been so worried bout you. never do that again young lady.

b. you are the cutest thang ev-er in a hairnet. i would have stopped my charity when i saw the net.

c. is goode still standing

rhonda said...

Carrie...thanks for the comment, glad you guys are safe too!! I love the hairnet pic, not everyone can sport that look and still be cute :) I can't wait to meet you...are you near Denise then? Anywho, take care...till next time.

Erica said...

Woohoo! So glad you have shaved legs! The hairnet look is definitely hot.

The 5 of Us said...

Only you would post about panties. Too funny! But we are definitely blessed. It's awesome to reach out to our communities...they will still need us in the weeks and months to come...you crack me up...glad to have electricity...we will pray for Aub and every other lineman out there. They are awesome and away from their families. We are proud of them!!!

Sada said...

Thanks Carrie - your verse blessed me. I am tired of no electricity (going on day 8) but I'm keeping the hope.

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

yahoo ...carrie is back on! and look at Garet being Mr. Handyman Helper! Go Garet! God bless the Linemen.. not only your hard-working hubby but we hear they came from ALL over. Folks from Dallas cut the giant tree in our yard and cleared our easement in the back. Unfortunately they dumped all the branches in our yard but no worries. it's all to get power restored! We sure feel blessed like you do. You were lucky you had stored up as much food as you did. Prayers for folks in Galveston, Cuba, and elsewhere that are dealing with much worse. Welcome back to Blogland! Now, let's get Sada back up and running!

MamaBird said...

...so glad you made through safely (and that you have clean panties...one of the first things I did when the lights came on was wash clothes :)

we are fine here...thanks for checking on us...no damage, just lost power and had a messy yard to clean

prayers for Auburn and the others working to restore power...and for you as you wait for him to come home

Love, Robin

Lisa Mae said...

So proud of you sister. Going out there and serving others. That's what it is all about.