Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Call me crazy... I don't care!

Take a hike Ike!
My husband has been in Baton Rouge, La. for over a week now repairing electricity after Hurricane Gustov. He is on his way home to report in for Hurricane Ike! Actually, he's sitting on the side of the road with two blown tires! We may see him before midnight! He says he is so tired of being around foolish people this week. Foolish people that could've prevented shelters this week or having to depend on others for food and water. Moms roaming the streets with their kids with no food or water! He asked me to do afew things to prepare and I did! So, I went to Walmart and bought all of this....

and added it to this....


Ta~Dah!!!

If nothing happens...great!!! I have a stocked pantry! If Ike comes our way...I can feed my family for a week or so! I didn't buy anything crazy and my family will eat it the next few weeks regardless!

Got Old Smokey out and located charcoal and lighter fluid!


I've located our radios, all of our flashlights, candles and lantern.


I have my new BS, my new magazine and my new book! I've also borrowed a Gooseberry Patch cookbook from a friend!

and we've got our Netflix movies and Candyland!

We are set!

Do you think I forgot anything? Any suggestions? I still have to put gas in cars and gas cans, put important papers and insurance info. in fireproof box, download pictures onto a zip drive and bring batteries home from work tomorrow!

I've read Psalms 91! I'm not fearful...just prepared! I'm lookin forward to a nice, cozy, rainy weekend!


Bring it on Ike.... We are READY!!!!!

14 comments:

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

what? i thought you were coming over? We have spaghetti o's and batteries and i will even cook for you...and paint your toenails.

Lisa Mae said...

are you serious?

spanki said...

i know where we are going!!! i call dibs on the red candy land player!! i like extra butter on my pop corn and... no need to fluff my pillow, i like them a little flat! mills...party of six...

Jana Corley said...

Will you come organize my cabinets?????

MamaBird said...

Did someone say there is a hurricane party at your house? I'm so there!!! We have a stash of supplies here too...so maybe I'm crazy as well.

Thanks for sharing the link to The Homespun Heart too.

Erica said...

Man woman I think you're set! If I run out I'm coming to your house!

Lacie said...

OMGosh..You have never been to Wings 'N More...you don't know what you're missing! Greasy fried chicken wings slathered in hot sauce with touch of garlic or if you are Darren and Emilie slathered in a garlic butter sauce.... yum yum! The chicken fingers are pretty darn good too! You need to try it at least once!

Lacie said...

Oh...and... Jon and I stocked up on supplies for Ike too! Jon thinks he will be very busy when this one rolls in! I am sure your Hubby will be too! Hopefully we will have electricity so that you can watch your Netflix!
Smiles..

Dreams of a Country Girl said...

i am as serious as dr pepper lip smakers on sale....

it does not get any more serious than that, honey child.

ko said...

you and me both! :) This is no joke!
Way to go Carrie Rose..It doesnt surprise me at all! :) You are just being prepared and that is a GOOD THING!
THis is going to sound so selfish.....I know there are much bigger things going on like homes being destroyed and all of that, but we were supposed to have KOLACHE FESTIVAL this weekend.........They are still going to have it..YEAH RIGHT we wanted to go so bad..it is just right up the street!!!
kyley

SNM said...

Ok, um the Newton's will be over this weekend! I'm sending Matt to the store after work to pick over what's left. All we need is some type of bread and milk and hopefully that's all! Have fun this weekend!

Carrie said...

Be safe everyone! Probably won't be intouch for afew days! Hope that you are prepared! Our town is CRAZY now! Everyone is out and about! Ambulances transporting people everywhere! National Guard is out! Stores are running out of bread! Yikes! Gas pumps are backed up! Auburn is back home, but not "home"! They are preparing! Ike is a biggy!

Country Girl ~ If you didn't live so dadgum far...I would be knockin on your door! But, I can't read a map! So, we are just going to ride it out and pray we don't blow away!

God bless you all!

XOXO!!!

The Kelso-Winter Family said...

but do you have wine?? CG is gonna come our way sometime soon! she is she is she is! you could pick her up, Carrie!( do you have Chutes and Ladders?)

Hawaian Babe 2008 said...

hey i have updated my blog for you