Monday, April 13, 2009

What's for dinner?

Do you like cabbage?
We do!
My mother~n~law use to make these wonderful stuffed cabbage rolls and my husband loved them! They are a lot of work! I love to cook, but I love EASY recipes! When I found this recipe for stuffed cabbage casserole.....it was a keeper! Same ingredients, just in a crockpot! My neighbor gave me a fresh head of cabbage...so, guess what's for dinner?
Stuffed Cabbage Casserole
1 pnd. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
4 cups chopped cabbage
1 med. grn. pepper, chopped
1 cup uncooked instant rice
1 cup water
1 can tomato paste
1 can diced, tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup ketchup
2 T. vinegar
2 T. sugar
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 - 1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. garlic powder
In a skillet, cook beef and onion over med. heat until meat is no longer pink, drain. Transfer to a slow cooker, add cabbage, grn. pepper and rice. In a bowl, combine water and the remaining ingredients. Pour over beef mixture. Mix well. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours until rice and vegetables.
There is just something I love about spring, gardens and fresh veggies!
Hope you had a Happy Easter! We did! I've been unpacking, washing tons of laundry and eating Easter candy!

4 comments:

Lacie said...

this recipe sounds yummy! i will definitly be trying this one! thanks for sharing....and please keep sharing, i need all the help i can get with easy meals... McDonalds and Taco Bell get old pretty quick!

Lisa Mae said...

YUCK....cabbage!

Erica said...

I'm with Lisa! lol And I miss you too Carrie!

Carrie said...

You girls just don't know what you are missin! Cabbage is good home cookin!