Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Laundry Soap Verdict....


Several of you have commented and emailed wanting to know how the soap turned out!

Well, I haven't used mine yet b/c I'm finishing up my store detergent.

The homemade laundry soap is concentrate. So, you need a container!

I may not try it until sometime next week.

But, my partner in crime....Denise, experimented with her homemade laundry soap yesterday.

She tried it out on her sheets.

We were hesitant about using the Lavender essential oil with the Ivory bar.

The soap smelled really fresh and clean without the oils. We weren't sure what Ivory and Lavender would smell like. She washed her sheets with the soap and didn't use her fabric softener. There was NO smell. They were clean, but had no smell. So, we are going to try adding the oil next time. We think that may be what it takes to get the smell!

So, if you are trying this at home....let us know how yours is turning out!

It may be a trial and error thing until we get it figured out!

Will someone just pick up the phone and call Mrs. Duggar already?

3 comments:

Sandel said...

I added the oil to mine yesterday and will use it today. I will keep you posted. :)

ko said...

i am doing it tomorrow..i have been trying to find buckets..where did ya'll get yours

Carrie said...

Ko ~ Go to the feed store!!!