Monday, June 30, 2008

Oh My...Garet turns 11!

It is so hard for me to believe that this child of mine has turned 11! He is definitely growing up and the time is flying by! I need to stop and remind myself often to ENJOY this time in our life because it will be gone before I know it!
Here are just a few scarey things about having an 11 year old...
-The "attitude" is coming on! I dread this!
- I realized the other day that his legs are extremely HAIRY!
PLEASE NO!
- I can wear his shoes now and they are almost to big for me!
Sat. we celebrated Garet's birthday! We took a trip to CS and visited a really cool park, had a picnic and went to Amadson's Logoon for the day! It was HOT, but the water felt great! The boys had a great time and came home pooped!

The birthday boy informed me that he was over half way to twenty! WOW! You just don't remind a mother of that! Am I old enough to have a son this age? I must have had him when I was 10!








Saundra was the photographer here. She refused to have her pic taken! Some of you know how hard headed she can be! XOXO! Thanks for helping me with the boys! I enjoyed your
company!
Children are a gift for the Lord, they are a reward from him.
Psalms 127:4


Our faithfulness, or lack of it, will have an overwhelming impact on the heritage of our children.
Beth Moore


I'm so grateful for this special gift of mine... Garet Rose!

10 comments:

Erica said...

Wow Garet is 11?! Holy cow I remember way back when, when Allison used to pick him up from kindergarten on Wednesdays! Your little man is growing up!

Sandel said...

So sad that we could not be there. Crazy that you have a son that is eleven. He is so handsome.

ko said...

happy b-day garet! LOve yall

The 5 of Us said...

Looks like you had fun Garet! We love you!

Lisa Mae said...

Happy bday Garet! So wish we could have been there. Cole would have LOVED that water park. Sorry we missed you on the phone Saturday. We love you handsome!

pa pa said...

Happy B day garet rose.........papa loves you have a good trip...........

Lacy said...

Happy Birthday Garet from the Kelsos.

Sada said...

precious! So much fun.....I can not imagine the day we are celebrating Landon's 11th! I will for sure cry :)

Sheree said...

This looked like so much fun! I miss seeing your smiling face..can't wait for another Bunko or Coffee time!

Hawaian Babe 2008 said...

hey this is shawna garet is so old lol i remember going to the water park with u guys it was so fun well love u guys and miss u