Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day 2008

To My Child
I gave you life, but cannot live it for you.
I can teach you things, but I cannot make you learn.
I can give you direction, but I cannot be there to lead you.
I can allow you freedom, but I cannot account for it.
I can take you to Church, but I cannot make you believe.
I can teach you right from wrong, but I cannot always decide for you.
I can buy you beautiful clothes, but I cannot make you beautiful inside.
I can offer you advice, but I cannot take it for you.
I can give you love, but I cannot force it upon you.
I can teach you respect, but I cannot force you to show honor.
I can advise you about sex, but I cannot make you pure.
I can tell you about the facts of life, but I cannot build your reputation.
I can tell you about lofty goals, but I cannot achieve them for you.
I can tell you about drugs, but I cannot say NO for you.
I can teach you about kindness, but I cannot force you to be gracious.
I can warn you about sins, but I cannot make your morals.
I can love you as a child, but I cannot make your place in God's family.
I can pray for you, but I cannot make you walk with God.
I can teach you about Jesus, but I cannot make Jesus you Lord.
I can tell you how to live, but I cannot give you Eternal Life.
I found this wonderful little poem and wanted to share it with you in honor of Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day to ALL of the wonderful Mom's in my life!
My Mother-N-Law, Dorothy, spent the week with us. Yesterday, she looked at me and said, "Carrie, you are such a good mom to Garet and Peyton." She was so sincere and her compliment meant the world to my! I'm not perfect and I learn new things about being a mom everyday! BUT, I LOVE being a MOM and I LOVE my boys more than life!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Aww Happy Mother's Day Carrie!

ko said...

that is a great idea! perfect idea to be exact! you should so get one! I never thought I would be so proud of mine, but I am!
happy mothers day

Sandel said...

I agree with Dorthy, you are a wonderful mother. You are a great example to me, you have taught me so much. Happy Mothers Day
Love ya

Lisa Mae said...

Happy Mom's Day Sis! So blessed to walk this journey with you.