Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Congratulations Garet!





Fifth grade has been a horrible struggle for us this year! Math is kicking our tails! But, Garet made the UIL team. He competed in oral reading and received third place! Drama, Drama, Drama!!!! He gets it honestly! We were very proud of this big accomplishment! Funny story.... This was Garet's first time to compete in anything. When the judges came into Garet's room to announce who would be going on to the finals, they announced Garet's name and another little girl from another school. When the judge left the room, Garet looked at the little girl and said, "You may as well pack your bags and go home!" This is not Garet's character at all! He is my sensitive child and he doesn't have a "mean" bone in his body!The little girl went crying to her coach, the coach went to the principal and I was crushed! I've raised my kids better than that! (So I thought!) So, to make a long story short... we learned alot from this experience! Think before you speak , good sportsmanship and never talk to a lady that way again!

1 comments:

Carol Miller said...

I am SO proud of you, Garet!! Can't wait to see how good you do next year!! It was a learning experience for you, but I am still having learning experiences, too. LIVE & LEARN!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Love, MiMi