Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Crockpot Lemonade Chicken!

(Don't click inside b/c I don't know how to do that! ha!)
Last night I hosted BUNCO!!!! One of the prizes was this cute, little cookbook!!! I HEART cookbooks!!!!
I bought it in Fredricksburg, but you can buy it anywhere!!!
Before I gave it away to it's new lucky owner....I stole a recipe!!!!
Crockpot Lemonade Chicken.....it just sounds like summertime, huh????
Crockpot Lemonade Chicken is a fun and easy recipe! By using Lemonade, it gives a fun twist on the classic Lemon Chicken. Serve over hot rice.
Ingredients :
6 pieces of chicken (breasts and legs)

1 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade ~ thawed

2 tbsp. brown sugar (I used more!)

3 tbsp. ketchup

1 tbsp. vinegar

2 tbsp. cornstarch

2 tbsp. cold water

Preparation : Step 1- Arrange chicken pieces in crock pot. Combine lemonade, brown sugar and ketchup and mix well. Pour over chicken. Cover. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours.

Step 2- Remove chicken from pot, cover to keep hot. Transfer liquid to saucepan. Skim fat; combine cornstarch and cold water and add slowly to liquid, while stirring over low heat. When thickened, serve with chicken. Yield: 4-6 servings

My boys loved this recipe!!!

It's a keeper!!!!

1 comments:

Lisa Mae said...

oh i'm so glad you tried this and posted the recipe. will definitly be trying this.