Friday, July 10, 2009

Dr. Pepper Cake

I have a great new recipe!!!!!!
Dr. Pepper Cake
1 box German Chocolate cake mix
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
2/3 cup veg. oil
4 eggs
1 can Dr. Pepper
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine first 3 ing., beating with the mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add Dr. Pepper and vanilla, mix well. Pour batter into 3 9inch greased and floured pans. Bake in oven at 325 for 35 min. Cool before removing from pans. Frost!
Frosting....
1 pkg. cream cheese
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. cocoa
1tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 c. chopped pecans
Mix well and frost that baby!
(Wish I had a pic., BUT my family devoured it and I almost didn't get a piece! Not kiddin!)
This cake doesn't have a strong Dr. Pepper taste, but it's O SOOOOO GOOD!!!
I'm a pepper...your a pepper....wouldn't you like to be a pepper too???

Enjoy!!!!
Please don't think I'm a flake!!! I really had intentions on baking all summer and making some extra money!!!! There has just been ONE problem......I haven't been home at all this summer and there is NO end in sight! What ever happened to LAZY DAYS OF SUMMER???? and where in the heck did June go????
I will most likely start my baking days up again when school starts.....so, stay tuned!!!!
(Does anyone know why my spaces don't stay when I go to post??? So frustrating!!!)

7 comments:

Sandel said...

I am definitely going to try this one out!

Jana Corley said...

I just had someone ask me today if you were still baking. I will let her know you'll start again in the fall.

ko said...

sounds so wierd! but I am going to try it out!!! I havent made anything from your recipes I havent liked yet!! :)

Erica said...

Oh my this sounds good!

Lisa Mae said...

here to witness how yummy this cake was!!! i had a piece (or two).

Lacie said...

the cake sounds yummy... i will definitly try this one! we love some dr pepper at the blakley house!

Lacie said...

ok... i made your cake and it was fantastic... i used cream cheese frosting without the cocoa cause i didn't have it, but it was great! it was YUMMY! thanks for sharing! can't wait for some more of your recipes!