Monday, September 21, 2009

Treasure Boxes and Cockroaches???

Here in the deep South, we really have these creators called cockroaches!
They are HUGE!!!
They are NASTY!!!
I absolutely HATE them!!!!
So, I have to ask.....Why do little boys LOVE them???
I just don't get it!
(I'm so glad I took a picture of this because we have a roach story to tell! haha)
Last week my little guy comes home from school all excited!
"Mom, I got to go to the treasure box today!"
We did the happy dance!
I asked, " What did you pick out of the treasure box?"
My little guy replies, "A roach, but not just any roach Mom! A Cockroach!!!"
My happy dance was replaced with the hibbie jibbies!
This cockroach looked so real!
He kept laying it around and it freaked me out every time and I knew it wasn't real!
I'm such a girl!
We had the best idea that night before we went to bed! Dad wasn't home and hadn't met Mr. Cockroach yet! So, we put him in the sheets on Dad's side of the bed! haha!!! Dad came home late and we were all asleep! Dad slept with the roach and didn't find him until the next morning and boy was it funny! The following morning, Dad jumps out of bed throwing Mr. Roach across the room! I've never seen him move that fast! He runs to the bathroom, grabs a Kleenex and flushes Mr. Roach! I knew that he had found him, but I didn't know he was going to go to the extreme of flushing him!!!!
The first thing my little guy asked when he got up was, "Hey Dad...How did you like my cockroach?"
Need less to stay, Daddy got to go to the treasure box and Peyton never knew!

6 comments:

Erica said...

Haha, poor Auburn! I would have freaked out too, I hate roaches!

ko said...

that is hilarious!!! :)

Lisa Mae said...

he he ha ha ho ho

SnoWhite said...

wow - that's a nice looking roach ;-)

Thanks for stopping by and adding my button to your blog. Hope you find great recipes for your family.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Too funny! I would have done the same thing...gross:0

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That is too funny :)