Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thumbs up dinner.....

I was going to participate in Tasty Tuesdays over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam today, but she is down for maintenance! Bummer!
BUT, I have a very easy and wonderful kid friendly recipe for you!
I found it over at Pillsbury! They have a free newsletter you can sign up for!
They have great ideas and recipes!

Pillsbury Taco Melts ~ Yummo!!!
INGREDIENTS

1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix

2/3cup water

1 1/2 cups Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa

1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef, cooked, drained

1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated biscuits (any variety)

1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend (4 oz)

1 cup sour cream, if desired
DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oven to 375°F.

2. In medium saucepan, cook taco seasoning mix, water, 1/2 cup of the salsa and cooked ground beef until thickened.

3. Press each biscuit into 6-inch round. Fill each with taco mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold dough over filling and press to seal. Place on greased cookie sheet.

4. Bake 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining salsa, cheese and sour cream.

I'm NOT a food photographer, so....don't judge me!
These were the cutest things!
My boys LOVED this new twist to tacos!
One of my sons eats everything in the house and the other one is picky!
The picky son said it was wonderful!
I've been searching for new recipe ideas on various blogs and have found a few blogs that I love!
You need to visit $5 Dinner blog and Finding Joy In My Kitchen!!! These ladies have some fabulous recipes!
I LOVE new recipes! Especially this time of the year!
Let me know what you find!

2 comments:

Lisa Mae said...

yum...if only my boys would eat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why on why God did you give me to weird eaters????

Erica said...

That sounds and looks yummy!